Name: Engr. Professor Adeyemi Adegbemisipo ADEROBA
Email Address: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Areas of Specialization: Application of industrial and production engineering techniques to the creation and sustenance of wealth through establishment of industries and production centres.
Profile: Professor Adeyemi A. Aderoba was born in Ondo City. He attended Our Saviour’s Primary School and Ondo Grammar School at Ondo. He proceeded for his Higher School Certificate (HSC) at the Federal Government College (FGC), Warri, Delta State.From FGC, Warri he was awarded the Shell-BP International Scholarship to study Mechanical Engineering at Loughborough University of Technology in Loughborough, England in 1969. He proceeded to the United States of America in 1973 for his post graduate studies at The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign where he bagged his Masters in 1975 and his PhD in 1977 in Mechanical Engineering specializing in Industrial and Production Engineering. While in USA, he concurrently served for four years in the United States Army as an Operations Research Analyst with attachment to US Army Construction Engineering Research Laboratories at Champaign, Illinois.He returned to Nigeria in 1977. He has worked in several places including University of Benin, Nigeria Machine Tools (NMT), Oshogbo, Federal University of Technology, Akure and currently Afe Babalola University, Ado – Ekiti. While at NMT, he was deputed for one – year intensive training in India in Machine Tools Engineering in Hindustani Machine Tools (HMT) factories at Hyderabad, Pinjore, Kerala, Gujarat, Ajmer and Bangalore.
Prof. Aderoba has established more than 15industries and commercial ventures; majority of which are alive and functional at different levels. Professor Aderoba has published widely in National and international journals and has also published many books in engineering. He is also editor in Chief of national journals such as Nigerian Journal of Engineering Management, Nigerian Journal of Engineering Research and Development, Nigerian Journal of Industrial and Systems Studies and The Compendium of Engineering Monographs.Prof. Aderoba has won many fellowships awards and accolades includingShell-B. P. Scholarship, Commonwealth Fellowship in 1995 and Commonwealth Expert in 1996. He was also listed in Marquis Who is Who in the World of Science and Technology and in 2014; he was awarded the most resourceful lecturer in ABUAD.
Prof. Aderoba served as The Executive Chairman of Ondo State Board for Technical and Vocational Education during the military regime in Ondo State. He has also served as a resource person in the category of Professor, visiting Professor, External Examiner, Consultant, an Accreditor or a Resource Person in the institutions including the Federal University of Technology, Akure, University of Benin, University of Ibadan, University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigerian Defence Academy, Bostwana University of Science and Technology, Delta State University, Faculty of Engineering, Oleh, Bayero University, Kano, National Universities Commission (NUC) and Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN)
Prof. Aderoba is currently the Provost of the College of Engineering, Director, Directorate of Technological Development as well as The Head, Department of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering in a tripartite assignment.Professor Aderoba is a traditional chief, being the Lotujama of Ondo Kingdom overseeing the Ijama group of Chiefs, who controls 15 quarters in the Kingdom.Professor Aderoba is a strong member of Anglican Church. He was a member of the Standing Committee of St Stephen’s Cathedral as Bishop’s nominee for ten years. He also founded The House of Aaron for taking care of Priests in the Diocese. He is also a member of YMCA. On the social plane His Club, Ondo United friends’ Club has been a source of happiness and support for him over the years.
List of Selected Publications:
- Development of a Remote controlled Alert System for Automobile Access into Premises. Journal of Automation, Control and Intelligent Systems (2017), 5(5), pp. 61-66. Published with Daniyan I. A., Adeodu, A. O., Kayode, J. F. and Asibe, J.
- Development of a 30 kg Aluminium Oil-fired Crucible Furnace using locally sourced Materials. American Journal of Mechanics and Applications (2017), 5(3), pp. 15-21. Published with Adeodu, A. O., Daniyan I. A., Babalola, S. A. and Okojie, F.
- Simulated Design of a Flow Control Valve for Stroke Speed Adjustment of Hydraulic Power of Robotic Lifting Device, Procedia Engineering 173 (2017) 1499-1506, an Elsevier Publication. Published with A. O. M. Adeoye and B. I. Oladapo
- Development of a Heuristic Model for Simplifying a Multi-Channel Queueing System. Advances in Materials and Systems Technologies II: Advanced Materials Research, Vols. 62-64, pp. 305-310. Published with Buliaminu Kareem.
- Computer Aided System for Job Shop Flow Time and Due Date Prediction. Advanced Material Journal, Zurich, Switzerland, 2012. ICEDR 2010. Published with Akinnuli B. O., Oluwadare S. O.
- A Cost Estimation Model of Maintenance Jobshop Operations with Buliaminu Kareem, Australian Journal of Technology, 12(1): 25-33, July, 2008.
- Development of a Material Requirements Planning (MRP) Software for Jobshops with O. A. Akintunlaji and B. O. Akinruli, Nigerian Journal of Industrial and Systems Studies (NJISS), Vol. 5, No. 1, 2006, pp. 40 – 51.
- Selection of Cutting Tool for Turning -Titanium Alloy BT5 with O. O. Awopetu, O. A. Dahunsi , AU Journal of Technology, Volume 9, No. 1, pp. 46 – 52, July, 2005, Hua Mak, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Computer-Aided Selection of Rolling Contact Bearing. AMSE (Association for the Advancement of Modelling Simulation Techniques in Enterprises) France. Paper 03358(2B), Vol. 74, No. 5 and 6, 2005 with T. I. Ogedengbe.
- A Generalized Computer-Aided Cost Estimation for Sand Casting Products. Journal for the Advancement of Modelling& Simulation Techniques in Enterprises, France, Paper No. 02398 (24), 2003 with Adejuyigbe, S. B. and Mogaji P. B.
- Development of a Planetary Mixer for Small-Scale Paint Production Industry, Nigerian Journal of Industrial and Systems Studies (NJISS), Vol. 1, No. 3, July-September, 2002 with S. P. Ayodeji
- A Computer-Assisted Methodology for Forecasting Capacity Utilisation in Jobshops, Nigerian Journal of Industrial and Systems Studies (NJISS), Vol. 2, No. 4, 2003 with T. Ogedengbe and B. Kareem.
- An Empirical Model for Jobshop Flow time and Due Date Prediction with B. O. Akinnuli, Nigerian Journal of Engineering Management (NJEM), Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 25-29, July-Sept. 2000.
- Planning Farm shops for Developing Agriculture, Agricultural Mechanisation in Asia, Africa and Latin America (AMA), Vol. 24, No. 2, 1993.
- A Model for Facility Selection and Siting in Pre-investment Decision Analysis, Journal of Information and Decision Technologies, Manchester, England, Vol. 18, 1992, 232-332.
- Public Selection of Private Projects for Foreign Exchange Allocation, Indian Journal of Industrial Engineering, Vol. XX, No. 12, 1991.
- Equitable Allocation of Facilities with Multiple Impacts, Indian Journal of Industrial Engineering, Vol. XX, No. 5, 1991.
- A Farm Power / Machinery Selection Model for Mechanised Farms in Developing Countries, Agricultural Mechanisation in Asia, Africa and Latin America (AMA), Japan, Vol. 20, No. 3, 1989.
- Effective Commercialisation of Machine Shops in Educational Institutions, West Indian Journal of Engineering, Vol. 13, No. 2, August, 1988.
- A Model for Selective Mechanization for the Small Farmer, Agricultural Systems (1987), 229-236, Elsevier Applied Science Publishers, England.