Name: Engr. Professor Joseph Olufemi DADA
Area of Specialization: Power systems and software engineering
Profile: ProfessorJoseph O. Dada was born to the family of ObabiolorunkosiinIjero-Ekiti. He had his primary education at St Georges Primary School, Ijero-Ekiti and secondary education at Aramoko District Commercial (ADICO) Secondary School, AramokoEkiti. Prof. Dada is a multidisciplinary researcher with formal training in Electrical Engineering. He holds a BEng (First Class Honours) and MEng in Electrical Engineering from University of Ilorin, and PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering from University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany. His over 30 years’ experience in teaching, research and consulting spanned three universities in Europe (University of Manchester, United Kingdom, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany and RWTH Aachen University, Germany) and four universities in Nigeria.
Prof. Dada is a DAAD Scholar and has worked on several world-class interdisciplinary and collaborative research projects to address world’s pressing scientific and technological challenges in areas of electric power systems, Smart/Micro-Grids, renewable energy, deregulated electricity market, and computational systems biology. Some of the research projects include Grid Particle Physics (GridPP), a collaborative research project providing grid computing support to particle physicist in UK and Large Hadron Collider project in CERN; UNICELLSYS project – funded by European Union, FP7-Health; COPASI (http://copasi.org), Open Source Software for Advance Biochemical Network Modelling -funded by BBSRC & SPSRC (UK) and Least Cost Optimisation and Routing (LeaCOR) systems for energy consumers – funded by DAAD (Germany).His interdisciplinary and international research exposure gave rise to strong track record of highly cited publications in reputable journals and conference proceedings. Prof. Dada is a well-travelled person. He was a Visiting Professor at the Institute of Electrical Power Systems and Power Economics, RWTH Aachen University, Germany from 1st November, 2018 to 31st January, 2019. He has attended conferences, workshops and project meetings in more than 30 cities in European countries and America.
Prof. Dada has received several awards such as German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Scholarship Award for PhD; Best Graduating Student in Faculty of Engineering, University of Ilorin; Best Graduating Student in Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Ilorin and University of Ilorin Undergraduate Scholarship Award for Four (4) years among others.
Prof. Dadahas served as a member of organising and programme committee of several international conferences and workshops. He is a reviewer for many prestigious journals, such as Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews and Sustainable Energy Technology and Assessments (Elsevier). He is the Editor-in-Chief of ABUAD Journal of Engineering Research and Development (http://ajerd.abuad.edu.ng/).
Prof. Dada is COREN Registered, a Corporate Member of Nigeria Society of Engineers and a Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). He is committed to high-quality teaching and research with a clear mission to help students develop into well-rounded graduates who would be job-creators rather than job-seekers.
Prof.Dada is currently the Provost of College of Engineering and Head of Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.He is happily married to Victoria Monisola and has four children.
List of Selected Publications:
- O. Dada (2019): A Multi-Agent System Architecture for Deregulated Electricity Market Communications in Nigeria, IEEE PES/IAS PowerAfrica Conference, August 20-23, Abuja, Nigeria
- O. Dada, A. Moser (2019): REPLAN: Multi-Region Power System Planning Approach for Nigeria, IEEE PES/IAS PowerAfrica Conference, IEEE PES/IAS PowerAfrica Conference, August 20-23, Abuja, Nigeria
- J. Ayamolowo, A. O. Salau, E. Buraimoh, J. O. Dada (2019): Nigeria Electricity Power Supply System: The Past, Present and the Future, IEEE PES/IAS PowerAfrica Conference, August 20-23, Abuja, Nigeria
- Zarrineh, J. O. Dada, N.W. Paton, P. Mendes (2016): Managing Systems Biology Models Throughout their Lifecycle., International Conference on Computational Modelling with COPASI, 12- 13 May, 2016, Manchester, UK
- O. Dada (2016): Towards Standardization of Deregulated Electricity Market Communications in Nigeria, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 130, No. 8, 1-7, Foundation of Computer Science,(USA)
- A. Aliyu, J. O. Dada, I. K. Adam (2015): Current status of renewable energy in Nigeria, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews 48, 336-346, DOI: 10.1016/j.rser.2015.03.098, Elsevier (UK)
- O. Dada (2014): Towards understanding the benefits and challenges of Smart/Micro-Grid for electricity supply system in Nigeria, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews 38, pp. 1003-1014, DOI: 10.1016/j.rser.2014.07.077, Elsevier (UK)
- O. Dada (2014): Web-Services-Based Architecture for Information Integration in Nigeria Deregulated Electricity Market Environment, International Journal of Computer Applications, 87(13): 1-8, Foundation of Computer Science, (USA)
- Mendes, J. O. Dada, K. Smallbone (Eds.) (2014), Computational Methods in Systems Biology, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, LNBI 8859, Springer Verlag Germany, ISBN: 978-3-319-12981-5
- Smallbone, H. L. Messiha, K. M. Carroll, C. L. Winder, N. Malys, W. B. Dunn, E. Murabito, N. Swainston, J. O. Dada, F. Khan, P. Pir, E. Simeonidis, I. Spasić, J. Wishart, D. Weichart, N. W. Hayes, D. Jameson, D. S. Broomhead, S. G. Oliver, S. J. Gaskell, J. E.G. McCarthy, N. W. Paton, H. V. Westerhoff, D. B. Kell, P. Mendes (2013): A model of yeast glycolysis based on a consistent kinetic characterization of all its enzymes, FEBS Letters Journal, 587(17): 2832–2841, Elsevier (UK)
- I. Adebisi, I. A. Adejumobi, J. O. Dada(2013): Dynamical Modelling of Cardiac Electrical Activities using Bidomain Approach: The Effects of Variation of Ionic Model Parameters, Journal of Biomedical Science and Engineering, Vol. 6 No. 6, 598-608 (UK)
- O. Dada(2013): Conceptual Modelling of Information Exchange Network for Nigeria Deregulated Electricity Market using Object-Oriented Approach, International Journal of Engineering and Technology, 3(4): 449-463 (UK)
- O. Dada and P. Mendes (2012): ManyCell: A Multiscale Simulator for Cellular Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, LNCS 7605, pp 366-369, Springer Heidelberg (Germany)
- O. Dada (2012): Information Exchange Framework for Deregulated Electricity in Nigeria, International Journal of Engineering and Technology, 2(6): 1052-1061 (UK)
- O. Dada, H.-D. Kochs and J. Petersen (2011): Web-based Expert System for the Classification of Industrial and Commercial Waste Products, Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences, 2(6): 257-262. (India)
- O. Dada and P. Mendes (2011): Multi-scale Modelling and Simulation in Systems Biology, Journal of Integrative Biology, 3(2): 86-96 (UK)
- Li, J. O. Dada, D. Jameson, I. Spasic, N. Swainston, K. Carroll, W. Dunn, F. Khan, H. L. Messiha, E. Simeonidis, D. Weichart, C. Winder, D. Broomhead, C. A. Goble, Simon. J. Gaskell, D. B. Kell, H. V. Westerhoff, P. Mendes and N. W. Paton (2010): Systematic integration of experimental data and models in systems biology, BMC Bioinformatics Journal, BioMed Central 11:582 (UK)
- O. Dada, I. Spasic, N.W. Paton and P. Mendes (2010): SBRML: A Markup Language for Associating Data with Models, Oxford Bioinformatics Journal 26(7), 932-938 (UK)
- O. Dada and P. Mendes (2009):”Design and Architecture of Web Services for Simulation of Biochemical Systems”, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS 5647), pp 182-195, Springer Heidelberg (Germany)
- Mendes, S. Hoops, S. Sahle, R. Gauges, J. O. Dada and U. Kummer (2009): “Computational Modeling of Biochemical Networks Using COPASI”, Systems Biology, Series: Methods in Molecular Biology, vol. 500,Edited by Ivan V. Maly, pp. 17-59, Humana Press, Springer Science, ISBN: 978-1-934115-64-0.
- O. Dada and H.-D. Kochs (2005): “XML-based Open Electricity Market Information Exchange Network using Object-Oriented Methods”, International Journal of Computers and Applications, 27(3): 153-160, ACTA Press, Calgary (Canada)
- A. Esan, J. O. Dada and B.J. Olufeagba (1993): “An Assessment of Electrical Distribution System Reliability using the Poison Model”, NSE Technical Transactions, 28(2): 46-54. (Nigeria)
- Mendes, J. O. Dada, J. Pahlen, S. Hoops, A. Kamal, S. Sahle, I. Surovtsova, N. Simus, R. Gauges, P. Willy, U. Kurmmer (2010): Advanced Model Analysis with COPASI, Proceedings of 10th International Conference on Systems Biology, Edinburgh (UK)
- Gauges, S. Hoops, S. Sahle, J. O. Dada, P. Willy, U. Kurmmer, P. Mendes (2008): Advanced simulation analysis of biochemical models with COPASI, Proceedings of 9th International Conference on Systems Biology, Gothenburg (Sweden)
- O. Dada, H.-D. Kochs, J. Petersen (2004): “IskaWeb: A Web-Based Information System for the classification of Industrial Wastes”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Internet Computing, pp. 617-623, CSREA Press, Las Vegas (USA)
- -D. Kochs and J. O. Dada (2003): “Modelling Information Exchange Network for Open Electricity Market using Object-Oriented Development Concepts with UML”, Proceedings of 4th Annual International Conference on Object-Oriented and Internet-based Technologies, Concepts, and Applications for a Networked World, pp. 108-123, Erfurt (Germany)
- O. Dada (2002): “Information Exchange Network for the Liberalised Electricity Market with Object-Oriented and Internet-Based Technologies”, 102 pages, Düsseldorf, Germany: VDI Verlag GmbH, ISBN 3-18-332321-4.
- O. Dada and H.-D. Kochs (2001): “Information Exchange Framework for Deregulated Electricity Market using XML Technology”, Proceedings of International Conference on Power and Energy Systems, pp. 57-62, ACTA Press (Greece)
- O. Dada, H.-D. Kochs and H.-J. Haubrich (2000); ”A Java-Based WWW -Transmission Schedule Information Booking System for German Open Electricity Market”, Proceedings. of International Conference on Power and Energy Systems, pp. 632-637, ACTA Press (Spain)